Stories from the Golf.
(Comedy; 13 x 5 mins)
Slice of life tales told in five-minute episodes. In each instalment the Volkswagen Golf is hired by a different driver, whose reason for renting a car unravels the story.
- "It's a wonderful concept... very black and slightly absurd, loosely comparable to UK comedies such as Marion & Geoff or Human Remains." — Sacha Molitorisz, Sydney Morning Herald
- "This is high-quality, five minute humour." — Lisa Pryor, Sydney Morning Herald
- "...black, clever to laugh-out-loud funny, touching... At times hilarious, other times simply bizarre, it is a fine testament to the filmmaker's abilities to be able to bring each story to conclusion while filling it with so much content. Comedy is a hard enough act to pull off when there are no time restrictions but to be able to pack so much into 5 minute shorts is quite a feat. Definitely worth having a look at." — Australian DVD Review
- "...a mixture of droll humour and pathos." — Henry Everingham, Sydney Morning Herald
- "Hilarious and touching, Stories From The Golf is an Australian success story." — Timeoff
- "A brilliant send-up of every self-aware French film you've ever seen, tonight's five-minute peek into the weird world of rental cars is conducted entirely in French... Hysterical." — Judy Adamson, Sydney Morning Herald
- "All good stuff, but imagine what Butler and Hope could do with 10 minutes." — Ben Wyld, Sydney Morning Herald
- Nominated for Best Comedy Program 2004 AFI Awards
- Written by Robyn Butler and Wayne Hope
- Produced by Robyn Butler and Wayne Hope
- Directed by Robyn Butler and Wayne Hope